The High Reliability Institute™
HRS Consulting, Inc. established The High Reliability Institute in concert with ABSG Consulting, one of the worlds largest risk management company established in 1862 and Shepherd University, a progressive state-funded university established in 1871 and conveniently located within one hour of Washington, D.C. These three organizations cooperate to make The High Reliability Institute a pivotal aid in promulgating HRO mindset and practices in healthcare. The intent and purpose of the High Reliability Institute is focused on helping healthcare providers complete this important HRO transition:
MISSION: To transform the spirit and practices of our customers to achieve a High Reliability Organization culture that thrives in the VUCA-T environment.
VISION: To enable our customers to consistently deliver sustainable improvements that they can confidently build upon to advance their organization’s performance to High Reliability Organization status.
VALUES: We will help our customers by:
- Sharing independent views of their organization through a High Reliability lens
- Recognizing that High Reliability is a mindset that requires complete vertical and horizontal participation
- Always maintaining the core values of HROs while looking for the best way to adapt these values to the customer’s organization
- Applying our HRO transition experiences to facilitate and accelerate our customer’s progress
- Building in capabilities and capacities for autonomous continuous improvement, new enhancements and sustainability
The High Reliability Institute projects our perspectives with seminars and training at several locations for executives and other healthcare leaders to help them understand and hone the skills that are required for the HRO leadership to effectively facilitate the transition of HRO practices in their organizations. The High Reliability Institute also provides training for healthcare professionals in quality, risk management and clinical areas to develop their HRO knowledge and capabilities to help themselves and others in their organization to transition to High Reliability practices.